facility features & guidelines
Aquatics Center/Pool Observation Deck
The Aquatics Center features a 6-lane 25 yard pool for lap swim and instruction, and a zero-depth entry family pool with a twirlpool and recreational equipment for water play. We also have a portable lift for individuals who need assistance getting into and out of either pool. Average water temperatures are 82° for the lap pool and 90° for the family pool.
Children under the age of six (6) and children who are non-swimmers must be accompanied by an adult in the water who is within arm’s reach at all times while they are using either of our pools.
The Pool Observation Deck is located in a seating area of the second floor Wellness Center.
Cell Phone/PDA Usage
The use of photographic and video equipment, cellphones and PDAs in any of the YMCA locker rooms or bathrooms is prohibited.
Child Supervision and Safety
Children under the age of eight (8) must be under direct supervision of an adult in all areas of the facility. Children under the age of six (6) and children who are non-swimmers must be accompanied by an adult in the water who is within arm’s reach at all times while they are using either of our pools.
Code of Conduct
All individuals using the YMCA facilities are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the character, welfare, best interests and policies of the Ann Arbor YMCA. Failure to do so will result in immediate dismissal from the premises and may result in revocation of membership and/or usage privileges.
Our unbanked 13-laps-to-a-mile track provides an enjoyable venue for walking and jogging programs, with spectacular views of downtown Ann Arbor.
Lockers, Lost & Found
We strongly encourage all members to lock up their valuables and personal items while using the facility. Security lockers are available on a per-visit basis without charge; members can request a token at the membership desk upon accessing the facility. Lockers are available for day use in all locker rooms and in the wellness center and gym alcove. Please provide your own lock and remove it prior to exiting the facility. Items left overnight in the building will be removed and placed in the YMCA's lost and found. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Five locker rooms are available and designated for Adult Men, Adult Women, Youth Girls, Youth Boys and Families. Each locker room has a minimum of one shower equipped with grab rails and a shower bench for those individuals needing extra support. All locker rooms are unsupervised.
- Adult locker rooms- for participants 18 years and above. Adults with small children should use the appropriate youth or family locker room(s) when accompanied by a child/children.
- Youth locker rooms- designated for participants ages up to 17 years.
- Family locker room/changing areas- for the parent accompanying a child/children of the opposite sex or an adult who needs assistance changing. The family locker room is equipped with several diaper changing stations.
Our reading room is located in the member lobby. We have a large collection of books for use by our members and their children while they’re visiting the YMCA.
We offer a daily towel service to our members. Stop at our membership desk to request a towel.
A Wellness Center orientation is strongly encouraged for all members. Sign up for your orientation at the membership desk.
- Our 8200 square foot Wellness Floor features a Wellness Center with two complete Cybex Circuits - a 11-piece VR2 Cybex Circuit and a 14-piece Cybex Eagle Circuit.
- We also have a fully-equipped free weight area including a cable cross system, calf raises, leg press, Smith Machine and an assortment of dumbbells, barbells and benches.
- In the cardio-vascular equipment area, you will find an assortment of Precor Treadmills, Precor Ellipticals, upright and recumbent bikes, Stairmasters, Cybex Arcs, Concept 2 Rowers, Nu-Steps, and Ergometers. We also have stretching mats, stability balls and other core training aids.
Members/guests must be at least 12 years of age to use the Wellness Center or to be present in the equipment areas. Members/guests ages 12-14 are required to receive an orientation before using the Wellness Center equipment. Members/guests ages 12-13 may use free weights under direct adult supervision only. Members/guests must be at least 14 years of age to use free weights without adult supervision.
Members can conveniently access the Internet from the member lobby, and from the Observation Deck on the second level.