At the Ann Arbor YMCA, everything we do focuses on three areas: youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. We are dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected children, adults, families and communities. Throughout the year, the YMCA also hosts events and workshops that bring people together, including:
- Open Arms Class Scholarship Request
- Winter Dance
- Healthy Kids Day
- Indoor Triathlon - RESULTS
- Older Adults Celebration
- Camp Birkett Nature Outing
- LIVESTRONG at the YMCA cancer survivor reunion
- Fundraiser for our LIVESTRONG at the YMCA cancer survivor program
- Fall Spooktacular Party
- Twelve Days of Fitness program
- We also provide ChildWatch services so that members can attend programs or use the YMCA knowing that their kids are having fun in a safe, supervised environment at the Y. Visit our homepage for news about upcoming programs and member events.
Class cancellations due to weather conditions
At the Ann Arbor YMCA, the safety and well-being of our members, program participants and staff is our top priority. Therefore, we have developed a class cancellation policy for days when Ann Arbor Public Schools close due to inclement weather conditions.
For classes meeting before 3:00 p.m. All YMCA classes that meet before 3:00 pm will be cancelled on days when the Ann Arbor Public Schools are closed due to weather conditions.
For classes meeting at 3:00 p.m. and later On emergency school closing days, the YMCA will post the status of all classes meeting at 3:00 pm and later on our website at www.annarborymca.org by noon.
No makeup classes will be offered for classes that are cancelled due to weather conditions.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.
Class Refund Policy
Cancellations made prior to the first class meeting will receive a full YMCA credit voucher or refund. Cancellations made before the second class meeting will receive a prorated YMCA credit voucher or refund. No refunds will be given after the second class meets. Exceptions may be considered with a doctor's note or program director approval. Any refunds approved after the second class will be processed as a YMCA credit voucher only.