You may not always realize it, but there is a power inside of all of us. The power to inspire… to motivate… to change the world for the better. In some way or another, many of our lives have been touched by the Y and each of us has a story to tell. When we share and listen to each other’s stories, we build hope, strength, and determination across our region and unlock the true power within. In doing so, we can connect more people to our mission and help drive the generous support to keep our Y sustainable, relevant, and impactful for generations to come.
Do you have a Y story that you’d like to share? Tell us about it!
If a story about the Y has meaning for you and you’re willing to tell it, then we believe it’s worth hearing. Your story—whether it’s about you, the people you know, or an entire community—has the potential to motivate others with real-life tales of how the Y not only promises, but also delivers positive change.
To help get you started, here are some story suggestions:
- How long have you been coming to the YMCA?
- What prompted you to join the YMCA or one of our programs?
- What was the biggest challenge you were facing?
- Provide an instance that a YMCA staff member has gone above and beyond.
- What would you like to say to someone considering donating to the YMCA?
- Is there anything else you would like to share?
The YMCA was founded as a place where all people could find hope, fellowship, and healing. Thank you for sharing your story and helping us inspire our community to support the Y!