At the Y, swimming is a life skill. Our swim lessons prepare kids of all ages to learn skills and have fun in the water, building strong swimmers and confident kids. The benefits of participating in our swim lessons program are far greater than just physical health. At our Y, the focus is on building the whole child, from the inside out, so kids will learn about the rewards of persistence and courage, as well as mastering their swimming strokes.
Jump right in! Swim lessons begin the week of September 14 and run through October 25 with registration for active members opening on September 9, community members September 11. Registration will be available by clicking on the red REGISTER button above. Scroll down for the descriptions of Stage 1-4 classes for preschool and youth that are available. Parent/child classes will open at a later date. Preschool classes will be limited to three participants, last 30 minutes and cost $60/session for active members, $120/session for community members. Youth classes will be limited to four participants, last 45 minutes and cost $68/session for active members, $136/session for community members.
Following state and local guidelines to keep swimmers and staff as safe as possible, the Y has put the following procedures in place.
- One parent/guardian will be allowed to enter the facility with the swimmer. The adult will sit on the pool deck benches while maintaining social distancing from others.
- Each person entering the facility will have have their temperature checked and will be required to wear a face mask covering the mouth and nose while not in the pool.
- Participants will be assigned their own cabana in the Universal Access locker room upon arrival to be used before and after class. All belongings must be left in the cabana; lockers will NOT be available for use.
- To expedite cleaning between lessons, participants will be limited to 15 minutes after the lesson has concluded to change and exit the facility. We encourage swimmers to come dressed in their swimsuits, with their own goggles, towels, and water bottles if needed. This equipment will not be available at the Y.
- Swimmers must take a soap shower before entering the pool.
- The Universal Access locker room, the Natatorium, and all equipment will be sanitized at the end of each lesson.
We look forward to welcoming your child back in the pool! If you have questions, please contact Aquatics Director Becky Epstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to cancel classes when inclement weather jeopardizes the safety of our members and staff. There are no credits or refunds for cancelled classes due to inclement weather.