To get started with the YMCA’s New Wave Synchro Team, please review competitive track information detailed on their website, here. If you’re interested in joining the team for the 2018-2019 season please fill out the form, here.
We expect athletes to attend as many practices as possible. If an athlete can not commit to 4 days a week, we ask that they strive to participate in Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday practices. Failure to attend regular practices will affect routine placement options.
Setting up your Athlete
First, all swimmers must be registered with USA Synchro. To do so, please click on this link USA Synchronized Swimming Membership and follow the instructions below:
- click “Purchase/Renew Membership” or “My Account” if you are a second-year swimmer.
- click “Membership”
- click “Competitive Athlete Membership.” The membership is $95 for the whole year.
- Competitive Athlete Membership is Regular
- click “Create New Account,” or sign in to an existing account if you have one!
- When you get to the part of registration where you choose your affiliation be sure to choose the YMCA New Wave Synchro Team. We are in theNorth Zone, Region Aand our three-digit club code is NWS.
For practice and competitions swimmers will need:
●Plain black suit
●Plain white cap
●Routine suit (routines place orders mid-season)
●Nose-clips (can be purchased from a coach for $2.50)
●Deck sandals (optional)
●Lock for locker room – or we ask that the athletes bring their belongings on deck during practice to prevent theft
●Plain black shorts