The link to the Summer fitness schedule is here. The link to the Summer youth, family and humanities classes is here. Classes will remain free for active members. Community members will pay $15/class for the session.
Here’s how it works:
Before the class session begins, you will receive an email with access to the class online via a Zoom link. You will save this link to log in for all your registered classes during this special virtual session. The Y is sensitive to ongoing privacy concerns regarding the Zoom platform. Here are steps being taken by the Ann Arbor YMCA to secure the use of Zoom:
- Zoom meeting IDs will not be shared publicly. Access codes will only be shared with participants registered for each specific virtual class through the Ann Arbor YMCA website.
- In addition to meeting IDs, each Zoom meeting will be protected with a password for entry. Passwords will only be shared with participants who have registered for the virtual class.
- We will be enabling Zoom’s waiting room function. This provides a waiting room for participants before the meeting’s host gives specific approval for each participant to enter.
- We will use the Lock Meeting function. After a class has started, we will lock the meeting to prevent additional unwanted participants to join the meeting.
- We are restricting screen, video, and image sharing so only Y staff members may share their screens, videos, images, or anything else from a computer or phone.
- In addition to the instructor, a full-time YMCA staff member will be present for all meetings to monitor usage.
- The Ann Arbor Y will not be recording meetings and we will disable all participants from recording.
We look forward to staying connected and active with you in this way, and can’t wait to welcome you back in person when it is safe to do so!