GET ACTIVE WITH US AT PERRY AND THROUGH COMMUNITY YOUTH AND ADULT PROGRAMS
Did you know the Y offers gymnastics and Kick, Catch, Throw classes to students at Perry Early Learning Center? A brochure is here.
Do you have child in kindergarten through 6th grade that wants to learn gymnastics? Would you like to relax and take some time for yourself in a rejuvenating yoga class? The next session of community programs starts the week of December 5th. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND THE REGISTRATION BROCHURE. (attached)
YMCA Programs what to expect:
Check-out: Unless a student has permission to walk home or goes to another afterschool program, participants must be checked out at the end of their activity.
- Attire: Come to Y programs dressed in clothes comfortable to get active. We suggest athletic shorts or pants with an elastic waistband, t-shirt, sweatshirt, and sneakers. Youth programs sometimes go outside when weather allows. Hair should be pulled back. Avoid big buttons and zippers that might catch.
- Snack: The Y serves a healthy snack after the Baseball League. Participants of other programs might want to bring an apple or granola bar to have before their respective programs.
- Water: Drinking fountains are at all program sites, but it is a good idea to send a water bottle to stay hydrated. Avoid sugar-sweetened beverages like Gatorade, Powerade, juice or soda.
- Cancellations: YMCA programs will not run on days when there is no school at the program site. Text alerts will be sent out for unexpected and weather related cancellations (Directions below on how to opt into text alerts). You can also find out about weather related cancellations by contacting the Ann Arbor YMCA at 734-966-9622.
- Text Alerts: Stay up-to-date on registration dates and weather related cancellations by texting “YpsilantiPrograms” to 99000 to opt into to the YMCA’s text alert system. Standard message and data fees may apply.
Youth Community Program Director
Ann Arbor YMCA
Want to stay ahead of all registration deadlines? Want to receive up-to-date alerts for weather cancellations? Stay connected with all Ypsilanti Programs by signing up for text alerts. Simply text “YpsilantiPrograms” to 99000 to enroll. Phone carrier message and data rates may apply.