The Ann Arbor YMCA is committed to strengthening community through social responsibility initiatives. We facilitate volunteer opportunities throughout Washtenaw County through our adult volunteer program Togetherhood. Togetherhood is the Ann Arbor Y’s adult member-led volunteer service program and the Y’s signature program for advancing social responsibility. Imagine the impact we could make in our community by activating our members and working together to plan and implement volunteer projects that respond to our community’s most pressing needs! The Togetherhood program has four areas of focus:
- Community activism: engaging in issues of local interest, and increasing awareness of local government decisions
- Houselessness and hunger in our community: perhaps partnering with community organizations with this focus
- Senior outreach: connecting with and assisting older adults in the community
- Welcome newcomer/ immigrant families to our area; advancing Washtenaw County’s commitment to diverse populations
SCROLL DOWN FOR DETAILED INFORMATION
Here are the ways you can help:
- Become a Committee Member: Are you looking for ways to make a difference in the community and have ideas for service projects? Committee members will be expected to:
- Serve at least one year on the Togetherhood Committee, attending monthly meetings
- Actively collaborate with community partners, when appropriate, to set up service projects
- Lead or co-lead a service project, including planning, running, and reporting on the outcomes of the project
- Promote service projects to other Y members as part of the Y member experience.
- Be a Project Volunteer: Give back to the community by the following:
- Receive and share information about Togetherhood service projects
- Give of your time and effort on at least one service project each year.
- Be a Community Partner: Are you part of an organization that could use Togetherhood volunteers? Do you have something that a group of Y members and community participants could help with? A coordinating liaison will:
- Identify the needs of your organization
- Coordinate with our committee members to identify a project manager and the specific requirements and scope of the project
- Work with our committee to successfully fulfill the project
Current Volunteering Opportunities
JOIN US IN GIVING BACK: Togetherhood is the Ann Arbor Y’s member-led volunteer service program. It works to provide meaningful service project opportunities for all community members (individuals and families). Togetherhood creates social change and is dedicated to strengthening community. Interested in getting involved? Complete an Online Togetherhood Information Form . For more information, contact Abbey Davis, Teen and Volunteer Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
UPCOMING SERVICE PROJECT OPPORTUNITIES
Team Leader of Youth Volunteer Corps Service Projects
The Youth Volunteer Corps of the Ann Arbor Y is seeking adult team leaders to help provide opportunities for teens, ages 11 – 17, to further engagement in community through service-learning.
Child Care Activity Coordinator Help create and lead activities with children from kindergarten through fourth grade. Activities may include craft projects, healthy snack preparation, assist with homework, physical activity exercises and more.
Child Care Story Teller Pick a story and read it to children in our preschool or school-aged care programs. You could even dress up to match the story or help plan a craft or snack that works with your theme.
Child Watch Program Assistant The YMCA is looking for fun, dedicated individuals who enjoy working with children and wants to make a difference in their community. By volunteering in Child Watch, you have the opportunity to meet new people and share your skills with children of all ages.