All guests of Ann Arbor YMCA members must present a photo id and complete an emergency medical contact form upon entering the facility. Guests who are under age 18 will need to bring an emergency medical contact form, signed by a parent or guardian, before they can use the facility. Contact forms need to be updated on January 1 of each calendar year. Emergency medical contact forms are also available at the YMCA membership desk.
To cancel, change or suspend a membership, you need to provide 30 days’ written notice to the YMCA and where applicable, return your membership tags. The YMCA reserves the right to change membership fees with 30 days’ written notice to members.
MILITARY FAMILY MEMBERSHIPS
In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA, the Ann Arbor Y is proud to offer memberships to eligible military families and personnel through the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Military Outreach Initiative. Free Military Family memberships will be awarded for an initial six-month period for each eligible family and service member. Membership renewals in subsequent six-month intervals will be funded based on a military family’s or service member’s ability to meet the eligibility requirements, as well as the continued funding of the Military Outreach Initiative Program. Military families should contact the Membership Desk for more information on these special memberships.
CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY
On days when the temperature and/or wind chill are below -20F or when the Road commission declares unsafe roads, we will cancel morning classes until noon. We will make every effort to have this posted by 6:00 a.m. A decision will then be made by 9:00 a.m. whether to cancel classes after noon. Class cancellations will be posted on the website and on social media. Members and class participants will be emailed and those who have signed up for EZText alerts will be sent a text. (Please use your cell phone to text AAYMCA Facility to 313131. Note that there is a space between AAYMCA and Facility. We will only text your phone in the event of an equipment issue, class cancellation, building or pool closing.) Please note that Ann Arbor YMCA classes may still run even if AAPS is closed!
CLASS REFUND/CREDIT POLICY
Cancellations made prior to the first class meeting will receive a full YMCA credit voucher or refund. Cancellations made before the second class meeting will receive a prorated YMCA credit voucher or refund. No refunds will be given after the second class meets. Exceptions may be considered with a doctor’s note or program director’s approval.
Interested in trying out a class? Many of our adult classes allow for drop-ins.Group classes: $5 member/$15 community member; Sports, Fencing and Martial Ways: $10 Drop-In availability may be limited due to space available in the class or studio. Adult and youth classes that are progressive or require prior experience may not allow drop-ins.
ELECTRONIC DEVICE POLICY
The YMCA is a safe place for children, adults, and families and we believe in protecting the privacy and well-being of all members and guests. With today’s advanced technology in telephone, video devices, and cameras, our YMCA’s safe environment can be easily compromised. For the safety and privacy of our members and guests, the following policies have been put in to effect:
- Electronic devices, including but not limited to cell phones, tablets and e-readers may not be used in locker rooms, bathrooms, or program areas.
- Members are asked to be considerate of others while using cell phones for conversations or listening to music. When it is necessary to take a call, please move to a common area such as a hallway or the lobby. All personal music devices must be used with headphones at a volume level inaudible to others nearby.
- Taking photos or recording video is not permitted at the YMCA without the expressed consent of a Program Director or the CEO. If you would like to take photos for personal use, please speak with program staff prior to doing so.
- For the safety of all members and participants, electronic devices including cell phones are prohibited in the pool area. Lap swimmers are permitted to use waterproof personal music devices; they must be used with headphones at an acceptable volume level.
- Members and guests should report any problems relating to others using cameras and cell phones to a Y staff member.
Occasionally, a YMCA photographer will be present to take photographs in classes or at YMCA-sponsored events. Unless otherwise indicated, participants irrevocably release, consent and allow the Ann Arbor YMCA and its agents to use photographs/likeness/voice, as it pertains to participation with the YMCA, in any manner for promotional efforts without expectation of any reimbursement in connection with its use.
KEEPING IN TOUCH
Critical facility information about the building (including pool closures, snow days etc.) can be accessed on the website (www.annarborymca.org) or by signing up for our SMS text messaging:
Please text the appropriate keyword to 99000 on your smartphone:
- Facility ( for building , pool and weather-related issues)
- YouthSports (for outdoor field sport weather-related issues)
- CampAGQ (Camp Al-Gon-Quian news)
Your regular text messaging or data plan rates will apply, and you can opt out at anytime by texting STOP to 99000. Please note that the mailbox is unattended: if you have questions, please contact the Front Desk at 996-9622.
Get critical facility or program information immediately and easily!