Child Watch is open on the following days/times:
May 31 through Labor Day (Summer):
Monday-Friday: 8:30 am-1:00 pm and 3:00 pm-7:00 pm
Saturdays: 9:00 am-1:00 pm
Sundays: 10:00 am- 2:00 pm
Labor Day through-May 30 (Fall, Winter, Spring):
Monday – Friday 8:00 am-1:30 pm
Monday – Friday 3:00 pm-8:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am-2:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
More than ever, busy parents need support. When parents come to the Y for a class, group activity or workout, their kids need a safe, enriching environment where they can build healthy, trusting relationships with other kids and adults. In Child Watch, children ages 4 months to 11 years old play under the supervision of caring, trained Y staff. At the same time, their parents are able to relax, connect with other Y members and enjoy healthy activities at the Y. Please see the complete Child Watch parent packet here. Please fill out the required Child Watch emergency contact form for 2018 here.
Child Watch is available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis for children ages 4 months – 11 years old who have a family membership at the Ann Arbor YMCA. Parents may leave their children in Child Watch for a maximum of 2 hours a day. Parents MUST be in the YMCA facility when using Child Watch.
Child Watch will be closed on New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Any additional days will be posted on the website and at the facility. Please note Child Watch hours for the following dates:
- Tuesday, October 31- Child Watch will be closed at 7PM
- Wednesday, November 22– Child Watch will be closed at 7PM
- Closed November 23- (Thanksgiving)
- Friday, November 24- Child Watch will be CLOSED
- Saturday, December 23: Child Watch will be closed
- Sunday, December 24: Child Watch will be closed
- Monday, December 25: Child Watch is closed
- Tuesday, December 26 Child watch is closed in the morning, but will be open from 3 pm-7 pm in the afternoon.
- Closed January 1, (New Year’s Day)