CARE for the Climate
Deadline for signups is Friday, September 23rd.
CARE for the Climate is a youth-led leadership development program for teens, ages 13-17, who are passionate about combating climate change in their local community and abroad.
The Ann Arbor Y will work in partnership with the Albay Y in the Philippines and the First Coast YMCA in Florida to advance climate change initiatives and develop the next generation of Eco-Leaders. Through an application process, 15 youth from the Ann Arbor Y community, 15 youth from the Albay Y community, and 15 youth from the First Coast Y will be selected to serve as Eco-Leaders!
How it works
We train our Eco-Leaders on the impact of climate change, leading change (behavioral, transformational, & organizational), field exposure, service-learning projects, and strategic planning. After the development, implementation, and evaluation of a community-based project, we hope our Eco-Leaders will be able to engage, mentor, and train Eco-Allies to achieve a collective impact and mobilize young people from the Ann Arbor Y, Albay Y, and First Coast Y communities.
- Enhance awareness of the impact that water and air pollution have on environmental degradation.
- To equip young people with the tools and resources to effectively address local and global problems through innovative solutions that promote changes in human behavior.
- To mobilize young people across the Ann Arbor Y and Albay Y communities and provide a collaborative cross-cultural share-learning experience.
- To implement sustainable solutions via changes in human behavior to achieve greater impact.
- To inspire others to take action in their community that results in improved water and air quality for stronger communities.
For more information and to sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org