Youth Volunteer Corps (YVC) serves to meet the needs of our community and works in collaboration with local organizations to create social change and positive community impact. Through facilitated service-learning projects, workshops, and interactive dialogue, YVC participants address critical social issues and develop strategies to become active citizens of their community.
Expanding Horizons Summer Program, YVC’s intensive summer program, provides teens, ages 11 – 17, opportunities to engage in 4-day blocks of service-learning in small teams of 10 – 12 similar aged community peers. Groups travel by foot, public transportation, and/or Y vehicle to service project site. Co-lead by a YVC Adult Team Leader and YVC Youth Advisory Council representative, groups will work together to accomplish shared goals.
YVC Summer Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 9 am – 3 pm
YVC is based out of Ann Arbor with drop-off and pick-up location at West Park, located at 215 Chapin St, Ann Arbor, MI 48103 (Chapin street entrance). Please note that when raining heavily and/or storming, check in and out will take place at the Ann Arbor Y (400 West Washington Ann Arbor, MI). YVC’s Ypsilanti pick up and drop off will be at Global Tech Academy, located at 1715 E Forest Ave, Ypsilanti, MI 48198.
• Ann Arbor YMCA Members: $100 per session
• Community Members: $125 per session
• YVC registration is limited to 3 sessions per summer per participant
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: The Ann Arbor Y is committed to ensuring access for all. Financial assistance is made available through the Ann Arbor YMCA Annual Campaign. Participants and families can apply for financial assistance upon registration.
ANN ARBOR Y TEEN MEMBERSHIP:
• Teen Membership (ages 12 – 19): $15
• Membership provides full access to the Ann Arbor Y facility and reduced program rates.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Online: Register at www.annarborymca.org and click the green “CAMP REGISTRATION” button across the top of the page.
- In Person: Membership Desk of the Ann Arbor Y, 400 West Washington Street, Ann Arbor, 48103
- Phone: Membership Desk, 734.996.9622 or Summer Program Registrar, 734.661.803
CONTACT INFORMATION: Z Chestang, Youth Volunteer Corps Coordinator at email@example.com or 734.661.8017
2020 Summer Camp Session Dates: Program Schedule: Monday – Thursday, 9 am – 3 pm
Session 1 June 15-19
Session 2 June 22-26
Session 3 June 29-July 3
Session 4 July 6-10
Session 5 July 13-17
Session 6 July 20-24
Session 7 July 27-31
Session 8 August 3-7
Session 9 August 10-14
Session 10 August 17-21
Session 11 August 24-28
Session 12 August 31-September 4