Youth Volunteer Corps (YVC) Summary: YVC is a youth-driven program that strives to meet the needs of our community and works in collaboration with local organizations to create social change and positive community impact. Through facilitated service-learning projects, workshops, personal development trainings, and interactive dialogue, YVC participants address critical social issues and develop strategies to become active citizens of their community. The YVC program is offered all year-round with an intensive summer program of week-long blocks of service.
YVC EXPANDING HORIZONS SUMMER PROGRAM: YVC’s intensive summer program provides teens opportunities to engage in 4-day blocks of service-learning traveling by foot, public transit, and/or Y vehicle to each service project site. Teams are co-lead by YVC Adult Team Leader and Youth Advisory Council (YAC) representative. A Parent and Participant Orientation is required. Options for dates and times shared upon registration. A printed brochure is available here.
SCHEDULE: Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
LOCATION: YVC is based out of Ann Arbor. The drop-off and pick-up location is at West Park (215 Chapin Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48103). Transportation from Ypsilanti to West Park and back is provided. Ann Arbor Y YVC staff will pick up from Global Tech Academy (1715 East Forest Avenue, Ypsilanti, MI 48198).
- Ann Arbor YMCA Members: $100 per session
- Community Members: $125 per session.
- YVC registration is limited to 3 sessions per summer per participant.
- Ann Arbor Y Teen membership (ages 12 – 19) is $15 monthly. Teen members will receive members rate for YVC program and full access to the facility.
- The Ann Arbor Y is committed to ensuring access for all. Financial assistance is made available through the Ann Arbor YMCA Annual Campaign. Participants and families can apply for financial assistance (scholarship) upon registration.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Online: visit www.annarborymca.org and click on the green “CAMP REGISTRATION” button.
- Ann Arbor YMCA Membership Desk: 734.996.9622
- Program Registrar: 734.661.8029
- Day Camp Registrar: 734.661.8039
- In person: Ann Arbor YMCA, located at 400 West Washington Street, Ann Arbor, MI, 48103, ask for Program Registrar or YVC Coordinator.
CONTACT INFORMATION: For detailed program inquiries, contact Z Chestang, YVC Coordinator and Expanding Horizons Summer Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734.661.8017.
2020 YVC EXPANDING HORIZONS SUMMER SESSION DATES (YVC Sessions run Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Session 1 June 15-18
- Session 2 June 22-25
- Session 3 June 29-July 2
- Session 4 July 6-9
- Session 5 July 13-16
- Session 6 July 20-23
- Session 7 July 27-30
- Session 8 August 3-6
- Session 9 August 10-13
- Session 10 August 17-20
- Session 11 August 24-27