YMCA AFTER SCHOOL CHILD CARE IN YPSILANTI SURVEY
The YMCA and Ypsilanti Community Schools are very excited to announce we are exploring options for a centralized after school child care and physical activity program in Ypsilanti for students in kindergarten through fifth grade starting in January 2017. The expectation is that students at Ford, Perry, Erickson, Estabrook and Holmes will have an option to be bused from their respective schools to the after school child care program at YIES (503 Oak St. Ypsilanti, MI 48197).
Planned structure includes:
- Monday through Friday child care until 6:00 PM
- Bus transportation for students from their enrolled YCS school to YIES
- Parent pick-up at YIES by 6:00 PM
- Healthy after school snack
- Daily choice of sports or active play clubs (possible choices could include: basketball, soccer, flag football, dance, cheer, yoga, ‘Kick, Catch, Throw,’ etc.)
- Nutrition lessons
- Academic support and STEM programming
- Planned price structure: 3 days at $10/day or 5 days at $8/day
- Options for scholarships
While we are still in the planning stages, we want to see how many families have a need for full-time after school care. Please take a moment to complete our survey by clicking here. Or you can copy and paste the link below into your browser.https://goo.gl/forms/0tKQ2Cf7MA96wXnE3
GET ACTIVE WITH US THROUGH COMMUNITY YOUTH AND ADULT PROGRAMS
Do you have child in kindergarten through 6th grade who would like to learn gymnastics? Would you like to relax and take some time for yourself in a rejuvenating yoga class? The next session of community programs starts the week of December 5th. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND THE REGISTRATION BROCHURE
YMCA Programs what to expect:
- Check-out: Unless a student has permission to walk home or goes to another afterschool program, participants must be checked out at the end of their activity.
- Attire: Come to Y programs dressed in clothes comfortable to get active. We suggest athletic shorts or pants with an elastic waistband, t-shirt, sweatshirt, and sneakers. Youth programs sometimes go outside when weather allows. Hair should be pulled back. Avoid big buttons and zippers that might catch.
- Snack: The Y serves a healthy snack after the Baseball League. Participants of other programs might want to bring an apple or granola bar to have before their respective programs.
- Water: Drinking fountains are at all program sites, but it is a good idea to send a water bottle to stay hydrated. Avoid sugar-sweetened beverages like Gatorade, Powerade, juice or soda.
- Cancellations: YMCA programs will not run on days when there is no school at the program site. Text alerts will be sent out for unexpected and weather related cancellations (Directions below on how to opt into text alerts). You can also find out about weather related cancellations by contacting the Ann Arbor YMCA at 734-966-9622.
- Text Alerts: Stay up-to-date on registration dates and weather related cancellations by texting “YpsilantiPrograms” to 99000 to opt into to the YMCA’s text alert system. Standard message and data fees may apply.
Youth Community Program Director
Ann Arbor YMCA