RATES: Click here to view session availability and cost.
REQUEST INFORMATION: If you are a prospective parent looking to learn more about Camp Al-Gon-Quian, please click here to fill out our online inquiry form.
REFER A FAMILY TO AGQ: If you would like to refer a family to Camp Al-Gon-Quian, please click here to fill out our online referral form. We will reach out to the family with more information about camp!
2019 Off-Season Camps
Spring Break Camp (Ages 10-12): March 25-28 (CLICK HERE TO REGISTER)
2019 Summer Session Dates (CLICK HERE TO REGISTER)
- Session 1: Saturday, June 22- Saturday, June 29 (NUT-AWARE)
- Session 2: Saturday, June 29-Saturday, July 13 (NUT-AWARE)
- *Session 2 LIT: Saturday, June 29-Saturday, July 13 (FULL BUT ACCEPTING WAITLIST)
- Session 3: Saturday, July 13- Saturday, July 27 (FULL BUT ACCEPTING WAITLIST)
- *Session 3 LIT: Saturday, July 13- Saturday, July 27 (FULL BUT ACCEPTING WAITLIST)
- Session 4: Sunday, July 28-Sunday, August 11
- *Session 4 LIT: Sunday, July 28-Sunday, August 11
- Session 5: Sunday, August 11-Sunday, August 18 (FULL BUT ACCEPTING WAITLIST)
- Session 6: Sunday, August 18-Sunday, August 25 (FULL BUT ACCEPTING WAITLIST)
- Mini Camp: Sunday, August 18-Wednesday, August 21 (FULL BUT ACCEPTING WAITLIST)
- Family Camp: Tuesday, August 27-Saturday, August 31 (FULL BUT ACCEPTING WAITLIST)
*LIT stands for Leader in Training. These sessions are available for campers entering 10th or 11th grade who have an interest in becoming a staff member at AGQ or a leader outside of camp.
Ann Arbor YMCA Camp Al-Gon-Quian (AGQ), situated on beautiful Burt Lake, MI is home to over a thousand campers each summer. AGQ’s mission is to put our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility into action through facilities and programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
AGQ offers a traditional overnight camp experience for campers ages 8-16. Campers bunk in semi-rustic cabins with role model counselors who facilitate a transformative camp experience focused on youth development principles. Click here to see a typical daily schedule and some of the activities that work to develop social, emotional, and life skills. Whether it is for our four-day Mini Camp or for multiple sessions, we hope your camper returns home with some of the best memories possible, increased confidence and self-esteem, an appreciation for the out-of-doors and a summer experience unlike any other. If you have questions about our camp, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to meeting your camper on the shores of Burt Lake!
Sincerely, Katie Milne
Director of Camp Al-Gon-Quian
Whether you are a prospective parent, a current camper or a proud alumnus, thank you for visiting our website.
Directions to Camp
The camp is located on the southwest shore of Burt Lake: 9928 M-68, Burt Lake MI 49717.
From Ann Arbor, take 23 North to I-75; I-75 North to exit 310, Indian River (M-68). At the end of the exit ramp turn left (west) and follow the signs toward Petoskey. Take a left turn at the stoplight at Ken’s Market, and a right at the stop light by Vivio’s Restaurant and BP. Camp is located about 4 miles on the right after Vivio’s. It is between Rogers Road and Resort Road.
- On Google maps, search “Ann Arbor YMCA Camp Al-Gon-Quian”
- Distance from Ann Arbor: 250 miles
- Drive Time from Ann Arbor: 4 hours
Ann Arbor YMCA Website: www.annarborymca.org
Ann Arbor YMCA Front Desk: 734-996-9622
Ann Arbor YMCA Fax: 734-661-8060
Camp Al-Gon-Quian Office: 734-661-8051 (September-May)
Summer Camp Al-Gon-Quian: 231-548-5343 (June-August)
Camp Al-Gon-Quian Store Manager: 231-548-5987 (June-August)